A ductless mini-split system is an energy-efficient cooling and heating technology. It is a combination of an outdoor compressor and several indoor air handling units that are connected by conduits. This design allows you to have customized temperature control wherever you have an air handler inside your home or business. As the system’s name implies, it does not require ductwork. This can be an advantage for property owners that need to heat or cool remodeled spaces or accessory dwelling units (ADU) and do not want to install ducts. If you are interested in this technology or want assistance with your existing system, turn to us. We are your top choice for ductless mini-split systems in Des Moines, Ankeny, and any other city in Polk County.
The Benefits of Ductless Mini-Split Systems
Ductless mini-split systems are a great option for both residential and commercial properties because they are energy-efficient, cost effective, and customizable.
Below are the details:
- Energy efficiency: Because ductless technologies provide localized temperature control, you will not waste energy heating or cooling spaces that do not need it. Additionally, they often have higher seasonal energy efficiency ratings (SEER) when compared to other technologies. These things together, make ductless mini-split systems an option that could reduce the amount of electricity you use from month to month.
- Cost-effectiveness: Although the upfront costs are higher for ductless mini-split systems than other types of heating and cooling technologies, you can save by eliminating the costs of installing, repairing, and maintaining ductwork. Additionally, because this system can reduce your monthly energy use, you could see cost savings on your utility bills.
- Customizability: These systems give you custom temperature control, allowing you to provide hot or cold air where you need it most.
Your Go-To for Installation, Repair, and Maintenance
If you are interested in taking advantage of a ductless mini-split system, contact us today. We would be glad to help you determine whether this technology is right for your situation. If it would be beneficial, we can help you sort through different makes and models to get you a system that fits your budget and can keep you comfortable.
Is your ductless mini-split system malfunctioning, or do you want to keep it in top shape, especially as the summer or winter months approach? Get our help at Best Heating, Cooling & Electric. We are your go-to for all things to do with ductless mini-split systems in Des Moines. We can often schedule same-day appointments, and we always provide free estimates for our services. Not only that, but we offer maintenance plans that can keep your system in great shape year-round. Visit our planned maintenance agreement page to learn more about the perks of signing up.
Our team is fully licensed, insured, and vetted.
Get the immediate help you need, whenever you need it.
We never leave you unhappy! We guarantee it.
Get started by giving us a call and setting up a free estimate.
When Are Mini-Split Systems the Right Choice?
In general, ductless mini-split systems are great in situations where it is not simple or cost-effective to install ductwork to meet your heating or cooling needs.
Examples of this include:
- Individual living spaces in a multi-family unit.
- Newly constructed or remodeled spaces or ADUs.
- Spaces that tend to be much hotter or colder than the rest of your building such as garages, attics, workspaces, and more.
- Smaller buildings that have quality insulation.
Request service in Des Moines or Polk County by calling (515) 582-8015 or completing our online form.